http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/thequeenbeeshaven

Thursday, November 15, 2012

1 fat leg and a pair of hooker boots please....

A true letter

Dear Ellen,
I am in need of a new pair of boots. Hooker boots if you will. They're not for me, but for a really great friend. Here is the back story, always important when asking for something of this nature. I have a friend named Stella. Her husband is in the military and she moves around with him. I could play the whole military card, which is awesome because he has served our country and has been overseas and all of that (was once a DJ in Kuwait..random) but I'm not going to go that route. I feel as though it was divine intervention that she was sent to this great state of Missouri (termed Misery by some) to help me. We're kind of two peas in a pod. I was in a horrible marriage. I didn't really recognize it, but she did right away. She likes to say that she is responsible for my divorce...in a good way. Her whole WTH attitude and her general assessment was spot on, and I will be forever grateful to her for it.. Okay enough sapp. The MAIN reason of this letter is to tell you that she is in desperate need..of hooker boots. IT'S ACTUALLY THE ONLY THING I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! She has a condition to where one of her legs is actually bigger than the other one. It's called May-Thurner syndrome. It basically boils down to this..She has 1 fat leg...fat foot, all the way up to her pelvis because of poor blood flow. The other leg is normal size, and it overcompensates and has good blood flow. She was diagnosed with this condition when she was around 13. Since that time she has had to wear special shoes, she has to buy special jeans, all of that. Sooooo unfair. She is a very small petite person and she weighs about 95 pounds. I swear 2/3 of that weight is in her fat leg. Just to clarify, she calls it her "fat leg." I would never call it that if she did not. She does really well with this most of the time. Because of the poor blood flow she often will get an infection from even the teeny tiniest of cuts on her foot. She has to be hospitalized a few times a year for this. She doesn't really complain about it much either!!! However, it is hard to find a pair of boots that fit her. My friends and I have all been shopping for trendy new boots (tall and skinny, up the leg) and I feel so awful that she can't wear any. I know...there are kids with cancer...I get it, but this is kind of a big deal too. What she represents to me is about ALOT more than boots. Really...not asking for money, or a trip, or a new house, or ANYTHING else. However, I would love to surprise her with boots!!!!
PS...Love you love your show...I mean you could always surprise us with boots and a babysitter, to go out and show off the new boots of course!!! A combo pack if you will..
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment