http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/thequeenbeeshaven

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

One tiny pill......

It's very weird. The day that you realize that you are ALL DONE having children. It comes sooner for some women than others. One day I'm sitting in my doctor's office..ok laying with my legs in stirrups to be more precise and him and I start having the famous what form of birth control are you using conversation? Um..the catholic method maybe..followed by a healthy dose of I got my period dancing..sort of. At first he suggests Mirena, an IUD. I'm not a big fan. It feels foreign and the thought of it just sitting in there looking around seems odd to me. I know the IUD is not alive. It still freaks me out non the less. Next in line comes the pill.  Super..I took it for years..I mean YEARS, should be fine. In the interim of waiting to get my tubes tied I can commit to taking something as easy one little tiny pill, right?  Well let me just say that after being off all forms of  birth control for quite some time I have decided that I  kind of like my own hormones. I guess I didn't realize the healthy dose of hormones that gets added to the mix when you take the pill..I'm actually feeling a little bit sorry for my ex husband because I'm pretty sure I took it for almost the entire marriage (minus a couple kiddo's).
Week 1: Also known as homicidal facebook posting week.
Week 2: Also known as beating down the door of exes week and then threatening to call the police because he wouldn't let the children come out. I was also 15 minutes early..Whatever, details.
Week 3: Also known as the I'm sorry..I have no idea what I want right now but perhaps you should figure it out..poor guy..dating week.
Week 4: Mediation. Hormones were dialing down but overall still nuts, and I'm altogether not a great mediator, that I can admit wholeheartedly.
Granted, Most of the time I would take credit for some of this crazy, but not this time. It was like a really bad episode all month long that starred one raging bitch. Whoa.
Conclusion: Me calling my doctor and explaining that I might need to be moved to the lowest form of estrogen pill there is, just for every one's safety. He agrees while still trying to get me to switch to Mirena. I swear he works for them..Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment