http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/thequeenbeeshaven

Monday, December 31, 2012

Top 12 in 2012

Just go with it....no particular order

1. Anxiety: When making friends always remember that the friend and I are most likely very similar. This is not super helpful when neither of us want to drive over a bridge in a particular small although super sporty red rental car. 

2. Boats: Overall, not a good idea. I will thank him publicly. He knows who he is. I had a very bad near drowning experience over the summer. Completely my fault (lack of judgement). He jumped in without hesitation. I will be forever thankful. We both know it...Moving on.

3. Cooking: I really hate it. It's a work in progress. I think it's a patience thing. I make excuses in my head like...maybe I would like to cook more it if I had granite counter tops? Or, Oooh, it's probably more fun with one of those colorful cool looking 21 feature all in one food processors? Let's face it. I have no idea how to even work one of those. Either way, my children get fed.

4. Dancing: The best dance of all is the "My period came," 15 second one. Do not judge me. I didn't say when I did this dance...I was sort of married in the beginning of the year. Either way, it can all be related back to one word. Ambien.

5. Emergencies: A single mom emergency is not always the same as an "actual" emergency.  I'm working on this too.

6.  Friendships: I cannot even begin to express my gratitude for the wonderful gals in my life. They know who they are. They are worth their weight in tequila.

7. Grad school: It's lurking...Rearing its ugly head every now and then.  Quite a few of my friends have already started programs. Whatever, overachievers. I'm going to continue to continually think about postponing it..For just a little bit longer.

8. Happiness: The other day I looked in the mirror and I saw myself.  Obviously. But this time I saw something different. Completely. I saw smiling eyes looking back. Sappy, but ABSOLUTELY true.

9. Idiots: Larger population in the single men gene pool. I'm not ready to talk about that yet. Eventually. But let's just say...slim pickens ladies. Slim pickens.

10. Kiddos: Easy to explain. My heart. My soul. My everything. I don't have to be a super mom. I just have to be their mom. I am blessed. Truly.

11. Vacation: Best to spend it with someone that you actually like. So much easier. Who doesn't like the beach after all? One day I will live by the sea.

12. Writing: I know it seems like I went in alphabetical order. That's because I did. You're thinking...OCD much? Although I didn't plan it that way. However, sometimes what comes out is completely different than what I originally perceived. In a good way. That is the whole lesson for 2012.  And the word that I am using to sum up my entire year is....... THANKFUL!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment