http://feeds.feedburner.com/blogspot/thequeenbeeshaven

Friday, August 9, 2013

6 MORE DAYS

Summer is coming to an end and although I've enjoyed my children this summer like most "normal" moms I too am doing my own countdown in my head. It's known as the how many more days until school starts up again countdown. 6 days. Then, the quiet will return. God willing. Love my children...but they have a serious case of ants in their pants. They are just as much ready for school to start as I am. Pretty much, or they will be...when I drop them off at their schools and take off at the speed of lightning.
The Rundown....
Friday: The day started with my son freaking out because enrollment into middle school is only for 3 days, 2 hour time slots. We're talking like 8-10 am. The freak out being I was already scheduled to work those days. He looks at me sternly at tells me that this is something I cannot miss. Seriously, who does he think I am?
Saturday: My daughter tells my parents who are over for dinner...It was so bad today. Mom made us help her pick up our rooms and THEN she also made me help her stir dinner, twice! My dad gave me the REALLY look? I just shook my head...
Sunday:  All hell broke loose when my 2 year old son peed on my daughter's backpack. My potty training method is zero pants while we're at home. This method of potty training is not for the faint of heart. One time our old dog peed on her other backpack. I guess this was the straw that "broke the camels backpack" so to speak.
Monday: My son confirming that he needs yet another appointment to talk to his counselor regarding the starting of middle school. He can be a little high strung. Less roll with the punches if you will. However, I called and made yet another appointment so he could get some things off his chest.
Tuesday: My daughter found out her teacher...Oh no!!! More craziness. Not only is her bestie not in her class but I'm not a fan of her teacher. I politely call up to ask if I can please switch. In my opinion all teachers are doing great work. This one however...um, lets just say is more close to retiring than not and I think she might have lost some patience along the way. They let me!!! It's a summertime miracle!! They instruct me to call back early next week for an update.
Wednesday: School supply shopping. Lots of parents all dodging in and out of isles looking for the right items. A ridiculous list really. Does my daughter really need hand sanitizer, a protractor, 24 pencils (sharpened all be it) a scientific calculator and 4 black expo markers? That's just some of the items. It can get a little nuts. Especially when you take the children with.
Thursday: Mom...do you think I should maybe just go to a private catholic school? No dear, I think you're going to be fine. Change is hard but everyone has to change schools. To be clear if you went to a private school it would still be a new school.  Is it ever going to end?
AND THE BEST DAY EVER FRIDAY: Schedule pickup day for my son. Everything was going well. Yes, I had to pay a late fee from last years lunch. 55 cents, fine. Yes, schedule days were Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Again, some parents work long hours whatever. So we get home and we're looking over his schedule and on his gym classes it says GIRLS GYM CLASS. My son has a name that perhaps could be mistaken for a girls name too. It could easily go either way. He looks at me and hands me the paper and dramatically asks me to call and get this fixed pronto!!  I explained that I didn't think there was an on call service for middle school scheduling mishaps but agreed that there totally should be (giggle giggle). At this point he pretty much went into straight up panic mode. My poor baby. I assured him that I would deal with this first thing on Monday, come hell or high water. Why couldn't he inherit my fun crazy genes instead of the nervous nelly ones from his dad?  My daughter on the other hand is all me. She looks over from playing her kindle and says..Do you know who my teacher is yet? No baby..no I don't. I'll find that out on Monday too (during my emergency phone call regarding the gym class thing). She casually looks at me and then goes back to playing her game and says...and I quote "whatevs." And that is what actually made my Friday. Love her :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment